Sonshine and Higher Ground Clubs:
- If you love to share Jesus and love kids (and have a team spirit), this is a missionary chance of our lifetime!
- The opportunity is here in our neighborhoods in our generation.
- Sonshine Haven needs your help in weekly, after school Bible clubs in public elementary and middle schools! Several schools are waiting for Sonshine teams to open a club and others just need a few more helpers!
- Each Sonshine (elementary) and Higher Ground (middle school) Club is unique in style but the same in essentials: Bible lesson, gospel invitation, object lessons, memory verse, worship, fun games, & prizes. Sonshine Haven, a non-profit organization founded by Mari Rothman in 1991, screens all SC & HG volunteers, trains and supports club leaders and helpers, provides free programs throughout the year to children and youth as well as their families.
We need volunteers to create/complete teams for these schools:
- Anza, El Cajon
- Avocado, El Cajon
- Flying Hills, El Cajon
- Highlands, Spring Valley
- Johnson, El Cajon
- Lakeside Farms, Lakeside
- Lemon Crest, Lakeside
- Lemon Grove, Lemon Grove
- Lexington, El Cajon
- La Presa Middle, Spring Valley
- Loma, Spring Valley
- Kempton, Spring Valley
- Magnolia, El Cajon
- Meridian, El Cajon
- Naranca, El Cajon
- Pepper Drive, Santee
Life Skills: Spring break and Summer break
- Volunteers to help in kitchen preparing lunch for children & volunteers
- Volunteers with musical skills, specifically guitar & keyboard
- Volunteers with time to just come and assist
Cinderella/Fella Day: August
- Volunteers to shop with the kids
- Volunteers to stuff the backpacks
- Volunteers to provide breakfast goodies, cookies, brownies, munchies, pizza, drinks for the day (40 5th-6th grade boys and girls)
Thanksgiving Food Distribution: November
- Volunteer any of the 3 days prior to Thanksgiving for our food distribution to our club families
- Provide turkeys and any other Thanksgiving food items
We have many children that would not experience the joy of Christmas if it wasn’t for our faithful donors that “adopt” a family in need. Program is very flexible.
If you are willing to give prayerful consideration to the operations of Sonshine Haven or the many needs that arise from children who participate in our program, please contact us. Personal details will be held in confidence, but we trust God will match your prayers appropriately!
Email us for more information or give us a call 619-440-1221.